- Make sure hair is out of your eyes. If you have bangs, please get them trimmed.
- Avoid shimmer/pearlized make-up. It doesn't translate well in photos.
- Instead, use matte eye-shadows and blush.
- Women, you should wear some sort of color on your lips.
- Headshots: Make-Up should be simple, clean, natural.
- Make sure to cover blemishes as best as possible.
- If you need a Make-Up Artist or Hair Stylist, for an additional fee, see below:
Men: If you want two looks for headshots, this is a great way to accomplish two very different looks
- Clean shaven
- Pluck your eyebrows.
- Wax your lip, if needed.
- If you know you get irritated, don't do it too close to the shoot.
- Make sure your nails are clean.
- That can mean filed neatly or polished with no chips.
- For professional headshots, nails should be neutral (french manicure, light color).
- If you plan to show your toes (Boudoir/family shoots, etc.), get a pedicure!
- No logos! They can be distracting.
- Make sure you're comfortable in the clothing.
- Avoid busy prints and loud vibrant colors.
- Consult photographer for best clothing options.
What You Should Bring:
- Bring all of your clothing options ironed and hung, so we don’t have to worry about wrinkles.
- Bring your make-up, so we can touch up during the shoot.
- Hair brush
- Hair spray/gel
- Lint brush! Amazing!
- A non-messy snack.
How to Prepare in the Hours Preceding Your Shoot:
- Drink water! It hydrates the skin and makes you more alert and focused.
- Get a good night's sleep. Nothing is worse than tired eyes. Editing can't fix everything.
- Make sure you eat an hour or two before your shoot. Something satisfying that won't hurt your stomach. You want your body to feel good.
Children/Family Photo Shoots:
- Bring toys to entertain children, make them smile, etc.
- Schedule shoot after nap time, when children are in a good mood.
- Feed your children before the shoot.
- Bring non-messy snacks.
- If you've seen something in a magazine, Pinterest, etc., please share it. It's helpful to know what you are looking to achieve with the photos. The photographer will tell you if it's not possible, but it doesn't hurt to try.
- Pinterest boards are extremely helpful!